Fine Art/Rico Tomaso pictures

I have 4 prints of ballerinas They have Rico Tomaso signaure on the right bottom of the prints. They aren't oils more like a picture. Are they worth any thing? Should I doing anything special with them. Thank You Judy

Dear Judy,

I found several examples of limited edition/hand signed prints by Rico Tomaso with a range of value from $25-100 each. These were limited with an edition number and the artists signature by hand in pencil in the lower margin. His original prints have yet to show up at major auction houses so determining value is going to be left to the desirability of the image and what the collector is willing to pay. His original oils are very plentiful at this time and as long as original work is easily available, the prints will tend to be less collectable. You did not mention if your prints were limited edition. If there is not a limited edition number and if his signature is in the image rather than hand signed in the margin, your prints are decorative and do not have much value at this time.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.