Fine Art/Robert Chailloux 1913 Prints Or Reproductions

Question
QUESTION: I have two prints title on back still life with cherries by The above artist "Winde fine prints" Numbered 140 size 11x14 on front left lower corner has  signature.The second one is "Still Life With Grapes" on the back of print lists Robert Chailloux contemporary french also french born Chailloux paints his still life with a freshness of style and mellowness of color that is delightful to contemplate.Lower right hand corner Cat. No.337 would lie to know value of each to sell .Any information will be greatly appreaciated. Thank You!

ANSWER: I remember Winde Fine Arts from the days I used to be in Art Publishing. They created open edition posters/nice quality but still posters.  I think you have a reproduction, but I don't have enough info on Winde to know if they created limited edition. Seems to me the work was created before Winde was in business, so it is prob a reproduction done years after the original was first created.

Dan

QUESTION: So do  reproductions have any value.

Answer
Depends on who created the reproduction. It's similar to reproductions of antiques. If a low quality assembly line piece is created by a company that does high volume, then the value is low.
However, if the reproduction is hand made by a well respected manufacturer and many years have passed since the creation of it, then you have something with some value. So, much research has to be done to determine who made the works.

Dan

Dan Twyman