Fine Art/William Besser

Can u supply me with info on Wm Besser (artist). There is a very fine portrait by him at the De Beers Archives in Kimberley of Sir Ernest Oppenheimer in Mayoral Robes. I am researching  for the Kimberley Club and need info in Besser. Many thanks Tony Nunn

Dear Tony, I find very little information on William Vincent Besser. He was born in Poland, had an address in Washington, D.C., exhibited with the Society of Washington Artists in 1891. There is a portrait by him of James Stephen Hogg, Texas State Library, Austin, Texas.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.