Fine Art/William Besser

Question
Can u supply me with info on Wm Besser (artist). There is a very fine portrait by him at the De Beers Archives in Kimberley of Sir Ernest Oppenheimer in Mayoral Robes. I am researching  for the Kimberley Club and need info in Besser. Many thanks Tony Nunn

Answer
Dear Tony, I find very little information on William Vincent Besser. He was born in Poland, had an address in Washington, D.C., exhibited with the Society of Washington Artists in 1891. There is a portrait by him of James Stephen Hogg, Texas State Library, Austin, Texas.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes