Fine Art/cecil aldin

I have a couple of pictures which I feel may be worth a few pounds and need to consider adding them to my insurance if they are hard to replace. The first one is a hunting scene, signed in pecil by cecil aldin twice, once in the artwork and once on the border.  It is 28.5 inches by 15 inches.  It has a label of the back of the frame which details from Henry Whitley, from Scarborough, the subject The Duke of Beaufort, A hunt from the great (hood, hook?) artist proof.  It is in good condition.  The second is a print by cecil aldin, it is 16 x 8 inches and is a hunt scene called Game away from crick? this is also in good condition.  The final print is a hunting scene by elizebeth sharpe, signed in pencil called the belvoir - below the castle is is numbered 182/850 and dated 1980

Hello Stephen,  I suggest you contact an art appraiser in your area to provide valuations for insurance purposes.  This article reviews Cecil Aldin very well.  I do not know who Elizebeth Sharpe is, sorry.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.