Fine Art/dali litho

Question
QUESTION: Hello.
I have a signed litho of Persistence of Memory.  Numbered 23/100AP.  (both in pencil)  The printed portion of the piece measures 20 x 26.5.  The visible portion of the paper/board is 23 x 29.  (more behind the matting, I suppose) It has a raised stamp reading Capitol Fine Art Inc, June 18, 1984.  
I bought it in around 1987, literally the same day that 60 minutes did a story on the proliferation of fake Dalis.  So, I have always wondered how to tell if it is "real" or not.  I enjoyed it regardless, but if it is real, I might be in the market to sell it--or have it appraised to see if it's worth selling (since the house decor has swung to photos rather than lithos).
Thank you so much.
Lauri

ANSWER: Sorry, what you have is not authentic.  More than likely a photo lithograph of the painting.

Dan

QUESTION: Thanks for your prompt response.  Just for my knowledge, what is a "photo litho" as opposed to a litho?
Lauri

Answer
A photo lithograph is a poster or low end art. There are some cases where photo(photography) lithogrpahs were printed on nice paper and then artists sign and number them.  Original lithography is a more expensive hands on process and is more desirable to collectors.

Dan

Dan Twyman