Fine Art/Edwin Douglas "Jersey" Print

Donna Seeley wrote at 2010-03-13 17:42:22
I have a very old picture, "Alderney".   I found it years ago when my grandmother died at 94.   It was behind the steam furnace, with 4 others pictures, and I believe they are lithographs.  They are somewhat tan with age.

I see the artists sign - E (with a heart) D, and below - 81 -, maybe the year.

Beneath the pic, in small print "Entered according to an act of Congress, in the year 1893 in the office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington published by Geo. Stinson & Co., Portland, Maine." On the right side, engraved by A. C. Alais.

Since there are 4  lithogaphs?, I think my grandad'uncle sent them to my grandad years ago when he was Ass't. Secrty of Agriculture in Washington. They never framed them.  I poorly framed "Alderney to protect it "Ilove it" and also "AWAKE".   I can't think of the artist.  (Melanaise maybe.)   I don't know what the value of a lithograph is.

Mark Yount wrote at 2014-05-05 20:16:17
Hello Brent,

I am afraid there are actually 5 of this series, not 4.   I have the 5th, which is entitled HERM which is dated April 14, 1885.  Feel free to contact me at below email.

Brent Luebke