Fine Art/Picasso print 1945

Scott wrote at 2009-03-23 05:08:39
I actually have the same image. It came from my grandmother who got it from a friend. I cant find anything about it either. but obviously there is more than one. Any ideas? I'll keep on researching.

Bill W wrote at 2010-01-14 20:51:38
I also have this print and earlier today (1/14/2010) sent a question to this same forum about it. Got a similar answer to this original post (e.g. don't know the print...lots of real and fake Picasso...keep looking). Id love to find it somewhere.

Bill W

Crawsomi wrote at 2010-05-16 22:16:44
I just acquired this same serigraph with the face signed "Picasso" and have found nothing about it online.  Let me know if you find anything about it

Cavan S wrote at 2010-05-17 22:25:26
I,too, have this print.  Probably bought it for a buck in the '60's. I assumed this print was quite common until I started searching for info on it....turned up nothng.

Renee wrote at 2011-02-18 20:48:58
My daughter has this print, bought at an antique store about 10 years ago.  I have also researched it, but found nothing.  A framer that specializes in restoration told me he thought it was actually Picasso though.

Mary wrote at 2012-11-24 21:54:09
I also have this print.  My mother bought it in a thrift store in the early 70's.

DJ wrote at 2013-01-31 13:21:13
I, too have this print. I understand the original is in a private collection. Keep in mind that Picasso often painted the same image several times. This is the image of a blind girl that survived WWII. She speaks to me. Mine has a wider mat and the wire and paper was quite old. Much of his art was stolen or destroyed in WWII.  

Dan wrote at 2013-03-01 01:18:57
Keep in mind, the cost to authenticate a Picasso is high, most have to be sent to Spain. Very few American experts can be absolutely sure when verifying a Picasso, there in only one that I trust and I'm careful not to send him anyone unless I am certain the art has all the correct earmarks of an authentic piece. Most people have a gut feeling about what they have, if you have an old print hand signed in pencil and hand numbered and it was expensive to purchase in a known gallery etc., then you might have something worth looking into.

joan wrote at 2014-01-19 17:07:38
Hi, I am sure I have the original. Its a copy Picasso did of William orpens the spy. You can view the story, if you google William orpens (the spy) the whole story. I found this myself, while watching the BBC antiques roadshow. The similarities are unbelievable. Joan

Joan wrote at 2014-01-20 13:29:49
Her name is Yvonne Aubicq mistress to William Orpen.

Joan wrote at 2014-01-20 13:32:24

Patty wrote at 2015-09-02 17:01:52
We have this same piece that was recently donated to our small town thrift store in Wyoming.  We just don't know what to do with it and seem to have exhausted all sites including antiques roadshow,

Dan Twyman