Fine Art/oil painting

Question
painting
painting  
I wonder if you can help, I have a oil painting on canvas. I do not really know where it came from as it was given to me and im trying to find out who the artist is so that I can get it valued. I will try to give you as much detail as i can below;

Signature on front - U or O SCHMIDL or SCHMIDT (cant really see which)
It is a landscape with a lake in the centre, tree's either side and fields and mountains in the distance.
On the back there are 2 identical prints (although i think they are to do with the canvas not the artist. The names on the back are - A. SCHUTZMANN, HERRSCHING, BEI MUNCHEN, and then VIKTORIA MALTUCH around the edge.

Also I have attached pictures.

I hope that you can help me with this and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You

Answer
Sorry Nick,
What you have is furniture store art, in other words a factory painting. There are over 700 "art factories" in Hong Kong alone, not to mention the rest of Asia, Eastern Europe, and Mexico. A canvas is moved down a table or conveyor belt, one person paints trees, another paints mountains, another water, etc. A name for the artist is taken out of a book or just made-up. This will be fine for your next yard sale.

Daniel A. Hynes