Fine Art/painting by unknown artist

I have a painting, handed down to me by my parents, and I would like to get some information about it and the artist. I think it was purchased sometime in the 1920's or 1930's, probably in New York City, where they lived at that time. I have attached pictures of the painting and the signature. Thank you for your help.

Dear Gordon,

Wow! That is an interesting painting. The man looks like a Musketeer. Quite arrogant, isn't he? Wonderful. The photo with the signature was not attached. You can email the photos of the signature to: Please send them in high resolution format so that I can enlarge without distortion. Include in the email photos of the back of the painting and any writing. Also include the dimensions.

I will do my best to identify the artist for you.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.