Fine Art/Currier & Ives lithograph

QUESTION: hi,i have a currier & ives lithograph and was wonderin if u could tell me its worth and if its a real one.its 18 inches by 22 inches.the title is...Winter Morning,Feeding the chicks,which is in the center below the picture.and between the title and the picture in small lettering it say's.....entered according to the act of congress 1863 by Currier & the clerks office of the district court of the southern district of New York.below the title in small lettering it reads...N.Y.published by Currier & Ives.152 Nassau street...below the picture on the left side it reads...Lith by Currier & Ives.N.Y.,,below the picture on the right side it says....painted by C.H Durrie.the picture has alot of blue in it,but please let me kno if u have any inframation on this item.i cant even find a picture of it on the internet but thanks for any knowledge of this matter

ANSWER: Do me a favor, look at the past questions and answers on this service and see if the exact same question was asked about 1 week ago?

QUESTION: im a bit computer stupid but the only Q/A on this subject that was a lil simular was about a currier and ives 5 inch print card.if there is somewhere else that has simalar questions id appreciate if u could direct me,but if u cant answer my questions will u please direct me to where i can find them...thankyou

It will be difficult for anyone to help you, unless they have detailed information from the prints you own, and that info has to be compared to info from the original printers.

Some of the questions we are asked here are too complicated to just blurt out an answer.

I suspect you have old original lithographs, but we would have to do some work together to determine authenticity and values.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.