Fine Art/Dali Don quixote

Question
I saw on the web page of goantiques.com a Salvadore Dali Don Quixote that is completely identical to one I have. The one on the webpage is 152/225 and mine is 163/225.

Mine is a  gift from a friend who bought it at a now-closed gallery in Oregon approximately 25 years ago. He no longer has any papers.

In  order to get it appraised I was told to contact a Dali expert, a  Bruce Hochman, whose number is 800-275-3254 and whose email is daliexpert@aol.com. A fine arts appraiser in Minnesota gave me his name as an expert on Dalis.

I called Mr. Hochman, described the Dali, and he told me to e-mail a photograph of it to him. He insisted it could appraise it by the emailed photograph.

I did so and received a two word response: “Sorry Fake.” Nothing else. No explanation of how he could tell.

What can you tell me about this? My Dali is identical to the one on the webpage. If mine is a fake so is the other one, along with, I expect, the entire series of 225 lithographs.

Can a Dali fake be determined from an emailed photo?

Thank you for any insight you can give me about this.

Answer
I think it's odd that you posted all his contact info here, people never do that. I do not promote others in the industry on this site. This is not a commercial site, but we help art enthusiasts for free.
You probably have a FAKE. You can always email it to me if your not convinced. Send to: collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman