Fine Art/Dali Print

Dali Print
Dali Print  
I just bought a Dali print from an estate sale, It is signed on the bottom right
corner and has an E.A. on the bottom left corner. I cannot find the name of
the piece, can you help? Also, are there any clues to find out if it is genuine,
or do I have to take it to an expert? It didn't come with any papers.

Thanks so much for your help,

ANSWER: Looks like a photograph of a Dali painting that was made into prints.

I have been in the business for many years, have never seen this. There are many fake Dali prints that claim to have Dali's signature.
This looks like one of them.

I have to find the title and then cross reference with the Dali archives material.

Unfortunately, Picasso, Chagall, Miro, Warhol, Dali have all been copied without permission. These days, fakes like these are all over EBAY.

My friend said that he thinks it is a study for The Ecumenical Council, as none
of the elements are as finished as the final painting. Have you heard of this
study as opposed to The Trinity? Was it common for Dali to make prints of his

I'm more than a true layman on all of this, so forgive me for using any
incorrect terms.

Thanks again for your help,

I will study both images, but I suspect it's a version of Ecumenical Council. I have seen altered Dali works in the past. You can find some studies that were photographed and made into posters etc., not so much as hand signed limited edition works.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.