Fine Art/Georges Reoon or Redon

Question
???? I don\'t know
???? I don't know  
QUESTION: I have a Picture that seems to be a charcoal drawing.We received it about 10 to 20 years ago when my 90 year old aunt passed away. In the right hand corner it has a signature that reads Georges Reoon (- over the two O's)and 06 under the name. The closest artist I can find to that name is Georges Redon. Are they the same? In the upper left hand corner it says ( Cafe De Paris Armenonville Foyot).It seems to be on a cardboard kind of paper. I could not take it back out of the frame as it is getting frawal on the ends, and I don't want to do anymore damage to it.Can you tell me anything about this. I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks Doris

ANSWER: The idea is to determine if you have affordable production art from many years back, or do you have an original one of a kind. Also, the artists name you provided, creates works that do not seem to be in line with the image you provided. Does not appear to be the same artist, unless he was experimenting with two different genres.

Dan

QUESTION: Dan ,
Is there something I can do to help us determin what this is. The frame itself seems to be old as the glass on it looks like a led glass. I could try to take it back out and get a close up of the name. I am just worried about handeling it to much. But if you say it can help I will have to do it. Please let me know as I would like to know something about this artwork and I am lost on where to look.

Thanks
Doris

Answer
As far as handeling the art, a framer can do that with no problem.

As far as identifying the artist, that will take some doing. Try to imagine the volumes of artists names over the past few hundred years.

Where do we start?  The reference material I use does not show any matches to the name you mentioned?  I'd have to do research.  Takes time.  I am a full time art consultant and stop during the day to answer these questions, so it limits how much time I can spend for free.

Dan

Dan Twyman