Fine Art/Identifying GP number

QUESTION: I have a 1993 Thomas Kinkade GP oil with a lost certificate.  It was sent to
Kinkade's corporate office and authenticated but the actual numbers ???/300 GP
have faded and are unreadable.  They can't issue a new certificate unless
someone can ascertain what the what issue number of 300 it is.  Is there a
process to bring out the old ink in the paint and make it readable?

ANSWER: Not that I know of.  Art restoration can do some pretty amazing things. Have you contacted Village Gallery in California?
Village Gallery started Kinkade many years ago and might be able to help you, as they continue to be an authorized dealer for him, and have multiple locations.

QUESTION: Dan - Thank you so much for your response.  I did contact Village Gallery and can not offer a solution either.  I actually have been told by police forensics that they have the capability to resolve the issue but can't use public equipment  for private use and I can't seem to find a private agency to pay to do the test.  Have you heard of a VSC2000?  I am an Alumni of California State University Fresno so I contacted their Criminology Department with a challenge to solve my problem.  They never even bothered to respond!  Someone, somewhere should be able to solve my problem.  Thanks again.  Susann

The Video Spectral Comparator 2000 (VSC2000; Foster+Freeman, Worcestershire, United Kingdom) is the FBI Laboratory's latest tool in the analysis of questioned documents. The VSC2000 is an imaging device that allows an examiner to analyze inks, visualize hidden security features, and reveal alterations on a document.

I do not know where to send you if this is the route your taking?

Why would someone go to all the trouble to fake a Kinkade?  They are overproduced as it is.  If you have the authenticity, you might have to sell it as is.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.