Fine Art/Italian Oil Portrait of a Fisherman 1800's

Portrait of an Italian Fisherman.
Portrait of an Italian  
I have an oil painting of an Italian Fisherman which has been in my family for over 90 years.  There is a signature at the lower left bottom which I cannot read.  Wish to sell painting,but I have to get the painter's name.  How can I get a clear digital photo of the signature.  What do you suggest.  Thank you, Mr. Carmelo Freda  212  362-8066

Photograph the signature and then in My Pictures, you can play around with the dark/light settings on your computer and possibly see the signature.

There are a variety of settings that allow you to turn the image into what looks like a negative and other looks as well.  One of the settings will alter the image to the point ou can see the signature.

The image you sent me does not show the signature? You can also send me a close-up of the signature and I can try to make it out.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.