Fine Art/Klimt print

Question
I have a Gustav Klimt lithograph of The Kiss.  It is numbered and appears to be signed in copper.  It was purchased at a local auction. I was told that the signatuire must be in pencil to be worth anything..is that  true?

Answer
That is probably the most printed of Klimts works, I suspect you have a poster that was done with permission by the owner of the original.

Not sure what you mean by "signed in copper"? If the signature is a plate signature, and not hand signed, that has an impact on the value of the work.  If the artist had nothing to do with the print, that also has an impact on the value. I'd have to research this. I am a fan of the artist but have not sold any work by Klimt. There might be one or two people in the art world that are really qualified to authenticate works by this artist.

Dan

Dan Twyman