Fine Art/Leon Danchin question

Question
good morning, i googled leon danchin advice and found this site, looking at previous topics it appears I too have a leon danchin ethcing, there is a slight edge around the picture about 2 inches in. Its a picture of a spaniel holding a woodcock. I can find no number on it, but would ask where exactly I should look. I have no knowledge of art what so ever. To appearances it does not look like a print rather a coloured pencil picture. It is on stiff card rough to the touch, It has a signatire at the bottom. I am keen to sell it so would ask your advice on the best course and price.

Many Thanks

Tony

Answer
If the piece is an etching or engraving, the indentation is from the printing plate (pressure) old style of printing.

There should be an edition number like 2/250 or something like that.

If it is an etching or engraving, it might have a watercolor look, called aquatint, common with this type of art.

Heavy Reeves type paper is common with etchings and engravings.

As for selling and price, that requires research.

Dan

Dan Twyman