Fine Art/Michael Delacroix Offset Litho

Question
QUESTION: Hi there..I'm seeking to determine a ballpark value of my Michael Delacroix offset litho that I purchased at a gallery in NYC in 1984. It is of tenament buildings, merchants and people on a Paris street. Lots of blues and grays. It is signed in pencil on the right hand border and is numbered cxxxiv over cl.  Could you provide some general history and a ballpark value?  It is not insured and I want to find out if there is a need to insure.  Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!  Michelle

ANSWER: I am familiar with the artist. The reason art appraisers charge a fee is because the owner of the art might need to turn in a claim some day or sell the art and want to know a fair market value. Art appraisers will ask for proper Authenticity before doing an appraisal. I don't know of any way to obtain these documents for free. Also, the time involved can be quite extensive. When it comes to fine art, I don't do "ball park figures"

Dan

QUESTION: Well, if I rephrased the question and asked for a bit of background on the artist and the numerals, would that be acceptable? Can you appraise it electronically and provide proper insurance documentation? Or do you need to see it in person?  I have the authentication paperwork. Cost?  Thanks. Michelle

Answer
You need a fair market value to present to your homeowners insurance or a receipt from a recent purchase.

I have the artists bio and other info, not sure that is what you want.

Let's discuss this.  Please send images and you request to my email address at: collectdali@aol.com  Please include a phone number and I will get back to you with details.

Dan

Dan Twyman