Fine Art/Moncaya paintings

Question
I inherited two paintings signed Hector Moncaya V, one of an old man, the other, an old woman. I do know they were purchased in Venezuela in the 70's but do not know their value for insurance purposes. I read the Moncaya family info but want to know if there is a South American art expert in the San Antonio TX area. Can you help me?

Answer
As far as an expert in San Antonio, I do not have a referal.
One of my clients owns an original by the artist and that is the only one I have seen in person. I have not done research on the artist. There are a few auction results but I'd have to do some digging to get that info. The two issues are: 1. Is it authentic and 2. How much is it worth. I can refer you to a know art appraiser, he might as for a certificate of authenticity, and that puts you in a bind. If you want his info, email a request to my private email at:
collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman