Fine Art/Picasso aquatint

QUESTION: Hello,  I have what I think is a Picasso aquatint of a Torero on a horse with a spear with a large date tope left 5-7-59 I, however, it is on canvas.  I have seen things on the Internet where these were done on paper, but not canvas.  This was left to us by my Father in Law upon his death about 20 years ago.  Do you know of any others done on canvas?  Do you know how many copies of these were made and possible value?  Thank You

ANSWER: Picasso did such a large volume of work, we need to narrow it down. Did you look at the back of the piece for a title?

As for canvas, I am not accustom to seeing canvas used for limited edition works, but it is possible.

If you do not have a title, please forward an image via email and I will see if I can identify it.

picture of Picasso etching?
picture of Picasso etc  
QUESTION: Hello,  Thank you for your response-attaching 2 images below.  I didn't see anything on the back, but it looks like the edges of the canvas were cut at one point in time.  I saw this on a website listed as Toros Y Toreros but it seemed like a series were called that.  Thanks for any info!

A couple of issues:
1. I saw the same title on a website as well, but the image was different. It was a similar image, but there were other people in the image and I don't think the main character had a spear or staff.
2. I cannot see a signature or any edition numbers on your piece?
If this is an open edition print, it prob has low value.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.