Fine Art/Sydney Muschamp Prints

QUESTION: Hi - while clearing out our grannys house we found 2 of sydney muschamp black and white prints. - dont have a year on them one called stolen kisses, the other called playmates. they are beautifully framed with old style frame and my sister wants to take them out of the glass and frame and cut them to size and re frame them for her apartment - before she does that I would like to know a bit about these pictures and also if they are valuable as dont want her cutting them up and find out later ! they are currently in good condition.

ANSWER: Cutting a piece of art to fit a frame is a bad thing to do. I still can't beleive people do that. A framer cut one of my prints to fit a frame a few years ago, not only did I NOT PAY THEM, I almost sued them for ruining a limited edition work. The artist you mentioned is a known artist and if you have something the artist worked on BY HAND, it's worth getting a formal appraisal.

QUESTION: Thank you for your comments on to cut or not to cut - I wont let her cut them ...could you please give me some details on the Artist in question. Do you know his work? Do you know these two pieces I have talked about ? Are they a rare find ? or just good for decoration.

Most known artists or artists that made money during their careers, have three levels of works. #1. Original paintings & drawings. #2. Limited edition engravings, etchings, lithographs, serigraphs etc.
#3. Posters, affordable open edition prints. It's difficult for me to know what category your pieces are in without examining them in person. If the works are on heavy paper and hand signed and hand numbered, i'd say they are worth keeping and re-framing.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.