Fine Art/Please help me identify E. B. Courvoisier charcoal

Carlo wrote at 2009-05-24 21:12:31
I have recently purchased a painting by the same dealer/frame maker.

The label reads:

E. B. COURVOISIER

431 SUTTER STREET. Bet Stockton and Powell, SAN FRANCISCO

FRAME MAKER ART DEALER

It has a number written in pencil next to the sticker on the back of the frame. The last digit is not very legible.

The number is 6331, and the last digit is possibly an S, 5, or 8.

The pick is of a late 1800s or early 1900s town. Center theme is a bridge and river.

There is a horse drawn wagon on the left and a church and castle on the right. The picture is in fairly good shape. The is in pretty rough shape and appears to be pealing.

Hope this helps.

Robert wrote at 2016-04-10 17:46:23
I also have an old wooden gold frame with an E B Courvoisier sticker on the back. If anyone can direct me to more info on this framer, please post. Thanks.

Dan Twyman