Fine Art/oil on canvas

Eagle Fan wrote at 2010-02-14 20:12:04
I have the same "Similart, Hollywood Florida" oil painting omlt it is a Phila. Eagle. Same story. I can't tell what # player it is..16,18,11. Mine is a Quarter back. My father bought it in 1965 (aprox.) in Philadelphia. I see no signature. As an Optomist I like to think it looks like an Early LR Newman. :)

Kinda blury and vague but obvious. Sports figure. Like LRN's first few attempts at his particular style. I LOVE my painting and wouldn't part with it for the world.  

Alyson wrote at 2010-11-19 01:25:50
I have the same Steelers painting. I found it in my gradparents house and can't find an answer as to it's origins or it's value. It would be wonderful if someone could find out.

raven-fan wrote at 2011-12-10 02:42:41
I also have the same pittsburg steeler painting on canvas. It was a display at a grocery store that my father managed back in the 70's.  Could you help me find more information on this painting?  

cgg56 wrote at 2013-05-22 03:07:19
have samw steeler painting, could be a print with oil raised strokes.  Managed grocery store in early 70's got it then

uab wrote at 2013-06-28 05:06:22
Just picked up the pitt steelers #35 version of this painting at a yardsale in Alabama...wifes a Steeler Fan...need to know age of painting, who is the artist and if this is a studio mass production were they made thousands by machine or if this is an actual hand painted limited print...either way wife isnt getting rid of it and its in great shape, frame and canvas.

uab wrote at 2013-06-28 05:11:38
Please see link below...I have identified the artist of all these teams paintings...had image and signature are same on all as well as frames.,35,326298,1960-s-Dallas-Cowboy-Oil-Painting-signed-b  

Kathy wrote at 2016-10-13 15:18:00
I currently have the exact same piece in my shop. The one here is what is called an "embellished reproduction" canvas painting. This means that the canvas image itself is a reproduction, either by direct printing (giclee) or canvas transfer from a litographic print (poster) then brush strokes are added by hand (usually not by the original artist) to convey the look of an original painting. This is why so many people have the exact same image painting...the company "Similart" most likely made thousands of these, amongst others.  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.