Fine Art/How do I find artist bio for H. Gailey?

H. Gailey signature
H. Gailey signature  
QUESTION: I have been told by other experts that a painting I have by H. Gailey is crap, production art, decorator art, mass-produced garbage, etc. Nevertheless, it was a gift from my father, and I want to find out more about H. Gailey, even if it is a pseudonym. Can you point me in the right direction?

ANSWER: Pretty harsh words to come from art experts.  It's interesting how many inquiries there are for this artist, but no real answers?
I have some pretty good resources to track the origin of a published artist, but nothing shows up for this artist?

I general, and as you may already know, an original painting by an unknown artist can sell for hundreds to thousands depending on who's selling and who's buying. If you have a decorative reproduction that is printed, then that is a low end work.  If you have a hand made reproduction, that is also decorative and of low value.

If it's production art, that implies that many workers on an assembly line created the piece.

Wish I could say more, but I find no details on the artist???

QUESTION: Is there any sort of 'genealogy' of the low-end auction houses that sold such paintings--Collier Art Corp, Artistic Interiors, etc.? How would I find out whether these places are still in business?

The Collier Art Corporation was incorporated in Los Angeles on May 22, 1969. The current status of the corporation is “Suspended.” This means that the Collier Corporation has lost all rights and powers for failure to meet statutory filing requirements of either the California Secretary of State’s office or the Franchise Tax Board.

Unfortunatly, Artistic Interiors has been used to name quite a few companies. We would have to research each one.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.