Fine Art/research artist

Question
home sweet home
home sweet home  
I HAVE INHERITED A BLACK & WHITE PRINT THAT I WANTED TO INQUIRE
ABOUT.  IT IS TITLED "HOME SWEET HOME".  THE ARTIST SYDNEY MUSCHAMP
IS NOTED ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.  THE TOP RIGHT STATES PUBLISHED BY
RAPHAEL TUCK & SONS LTD.  PUBLISHERS TO H.M. THE QUEEN AND T.R. THE
PRINCE & PRINCESSES OF WHALES.  PRINTED IN VIENNA.  BOTTOM RIGHT HAS
AN EASEL & PALETTE WITH RTS ON IT.  IT IS A PICTURE OF 2 WOMEN AND
GIRLS AROUND A PIANO.  I TRIED TO RESEARCH THE ARTIST BUT FIND
NOTHING UNDER THAT TITLE.   ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I COULD LOOK
TO RESEARCH THIS FURTHER?  THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR EXPERTISE!

Answer
The types of books we use in the art industry are expensive and most people do not have access to them. Many of our research books start at $2500.00 ea. This is why art appraisers and authenticators charge fees, not only for their time, but the expense of materials.

The piece you have is a style that is easy to find online. There are many similar etchings and engravings by this and other artists. The niche does have a following, prices have not yet hit the hight dollar amounts you might be looking for.  While old Picasso etchings/engravings can sell for over 1 million dollars on occassion, little known or regional artists etchings start at about $25.00. Quite a bit of research is required. While the artist that did your piece is well respected, the question is, where is his audience? If you can tap in to that group, you can obtain info with little or no expense.

Dan

Dan Twyman