Fine Art/trying to figure out the artist's name by the signature

QUESTION: Hello Dan,
I have a painting with the signature: FANS. I have been trying to find the artist name based on that and have come up empty. I have attached a picture of the painting. If you need I can send a higher resolution of the painting and the signature. Appreciate your help. Thanks

ANSWER: I cannot see the signature in this small image.  Not sure that is the artists name??

I have no listings for an artist with that name?

QUESTION: Hello Dan,
I have attached a larger picture of the signature. Please give it one more shot. Appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

I read your negative comments. Just a reminder, this is a FREE service. You sent poor quality images of signautures from UNKNOWN artists and expected details and values of the art. There are no experts that can do that. I'm sure you already know it takes research to find answers. You have to provide quite a bit more info and the amount of work it will take to help you cannot be done for FREE unless the expert is out of work and has nothing else to do. I am a full time art consultant. Read past answers over the last year, and you will see that I am more than qualified to help, if I am given some info, any info at all helps. I think you set this up in advance so you could make your negative comments. I'm not sure what your motives are, but It won't work. If you really want help, you have my email address and you are welcome to send more info so I have something to work with. You are welcome to send your questions to other experts, but you can already go look at the way they help collectors, they have pre-set up comments that ask you to send images and all details to their email addresses(just like I do) and then they get back to you with comments like, (I can't make out the signature) just like I did. THIS IS NOT MAGIC, we are here to help because we enjoy what we are doing. I have been in the Art Business for 30 years and have sold thousands of works. Another thing you might try is sending your emails to Galleries, Christies, Sothby's and others, I can tell you in advance, you will either get NO RESPONSE or a FORM Letter saying they can't help you.

What a poor signature. Looks almost as though they did not want to be identified. I see many possible combinations of letters. That does not look like FANS. Wish I could be of more help.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.