Fine Art/Alex De Andreis

Question
Alex De Andreis print
Alex De Andreis print  
Hello,
My sister has had a print of a Cavalier signed Alex De Andreis 1922 in the lower right corner, that also has other markings: Copyrighted C.A. Crane, Cleveland, OH.  We are assuming this is a print (it is not an oil painting).  I have read that Alex De Andreis was an instructor of art at Western Union College (college has changed name) in Le Mars, Iowa 1919-1922 and again from 1927-1933.  We would like to find out more about the print, just to know the history (we don't care how much it is worth) and also to know the title, and perhaps something of the company that reproduced it.  I will attach a albeit poor, but sincere picture of my sister's painting.
Thanks,
Maryann Kirk
East Greenwich, Rhode Island

Answer
Hello Maryann,  Alex De Andreis was a Belgian born artist, (1871 - 1939) known for his 'Cavalier' paintings.  He must have been contracted by C. A. Crane Candy Co. of Cleveland, OH and NYC to create candy box artwork for them and this is a large reproduction of that work.  Maxfield Parrish created a number of his very famous prints for them.  I hope this answers your questions.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke