Fine Art/Chagall print, real or forgery?

I have a copy of Chagall's "Bouquet Over the Town" (http:// and, while trying
to identify it and find out some info, I found out about the Tony Tetro
forgeries.  I was wondering if there is any relatively certain thing that I can
look for that will let me know if mine is an actual Chagall or a fake.  It is
signed in pencil below the litho in the right corner, with the letters HC in the
lower left corner.  The paper is torn on the right side and in the bottom left
hand side is a raised mark with the letters AT.

Thanks for the time, any help is greatly appreciated.

The downside of having an HC is that there is no edition number to verify when doing authenticity. As more time goes by, there are less and less people qualified to authenticate the works. Research has to be done. I know of a good art appraiser, the only problem, he might ask for a new certificate of authentiticy.

It's a process.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.