Fine Art/Looking for the seller

My mother-in-law is now in her 80s,  living out her final years in an assisted
living home as best she
can, with Alzheimer's.  Going thru her belongings this week, I found a 5" x 7",
framed  and matted oil
painting. entitled "a Paris Street Scene" that looks an awful lot like a larger
one that hung in a place of
honor in her home in the late 1960s-early 70s.

Even without further  information, I can guess the value of this item (probably
minimal) , but would like
to verify that before disposing of it.

Although  it has a Certificate of Authenticity glued to its back, I've been
unsuccessful in locating the
issuer, Royal Arts, Ltd., which apparently was located in North Hollywood
California. Any idea if they are
still in business today?

Although I don't remember them specifically, I  belonged to several volunteer
fundraising organizations
in the  '70s, so am assuming  Royal Arts was just one of many that  dragged
their collections around
town for art auctions, like ones we held each year.

All I really want to know is if Royal Arts, Ltd. is still in business, and if so, how
I can contact them.

Thanks for your attention.

There are publications in the art industry that list known art publishers. Royal is not shown there? Also, art publishers want to be found, so they are listed online. I see no results when searching that way as well. It is possible that they changed their name, that happens quite often. Not sure if you have tried other variations in your search.

"Paris Street Scene" is one of the most used titles in the art world. I have seen many works with this title. If you are certain it is an original and not a print with a thick varnish, then you should keep it and continue your search.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.