Fine Art/Old Oil Landscape - European?

Michael\'s old oil landscape painting
Michael's old oil land  
I recently bought an old landscape oil painting.  I say old because when you look at the backside of the canvas' frame, you see something that looks at least 100+ years old.  The painting has some "age" cracks that don't appear on the photo that I took.  Also, the painting is unsigned.  I examined it under "brightish" light for a brief moment to see if there were any signatures or initials on the face of the painting, and I could not find anything.  Please help me identify this painting.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.  Michael

From the image you sent, it appears to have a varnish over it? With no signature or writing on the back, this indicates it is decorative or low end production art. Original works will have a hand signature or some type of artists initials etc. The style reminds be of so many I have seen in the past, it's difficult to say.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.