Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

Question
QUESTION: I just inherited a lithograph and wish to know if I should reframe it and how to care for it. I assume it is authentic. It is a color drawing of La Comedie Humaine. On the back it has the number 330 and on the front in the upper right hand corner is 29.154. with III underneath. I can see no signature. I am unsure if the framing is the best and would like to know if and how I would redo it if necessary.

thank you

ANSWER: If it is not signed, you might have an un-signed artists proof, but I doubt it. With no signature, it is probably not high end art.
As for the framing question, you can go to a framer that is not a fast frame type and tell them you want archival museum quality framing. Be prepared to spend some $$$ if you go that route.

Dan

QUESTION: Why would it be numbered as if it were from a lithographic series?

Answer
There are reference books used in the Picasso world, like the Bloch books etc. The books used numbers to identify various works. Some of the printed edition numbers are from the publsiher of the art. You have a mixed bag of edition numbers from publishers of books and prints.

Dan

Dan Twyman