Fine Art/Rembrandt

Question
Hi Dan--read one of the comments.  I too have a reproduction of a Rembrandt "Young Girl at an Open Half-Door".  Mine has "Rembrandt" at the bottom center with looks like some numbers (can't make out) and is written on, could be a stamp also (don't know).  The lady told me she's had this for 40+ years.  The gold trim on the frame is peeling at the top and picture is in good condition/excellent. The back does have "VP1113  Rembrandt 20 x 24 in red stamped ink.  I've searched and can't seem to find anything close to this.  Do you have any idea or where I can look for it's value?  I'm just looking for a ball park figure.  Hope you can help.

Answer
The problem is the task of authenticating it. You have to have it authenticated and then appraised. The number of AFTERS in the Rembrandt world is un-imaginable. There are a number of books on the subject. Please search google for Rembrandt publications that have to do with etchings and engravings by the artist. If you still need help after that, I can refer you to a known art appraiser, but he will ask for proper authenticity first, so you might find this a tough road.

Dan

Dan Twyman