Fine Art/Van gogh

QUESTION: I know the location of a Fiehl reproduction of Van Gogh's Road with Cypresses. It is numbered and stampted made in england. How would I find the value of this piece of art?
Any help appreciated.

ANSWER: In most cases, reproductions of the masters are low end works. I am a broker for fine art and I don't sell those. Old reproductions have more value, but still what we consider low end art.

QUESTION: The reproduction is at least 60 years old. Should I be insuring it?

Antique prints are over 100 years old and sell for low amounts of $$ unless they are hand signed by the artist.

An old reproduction is still low end.

Unless your art falls into a niche that creates value, I would not worry about it.

I base my comments on the info provided.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.