Fine Art/Tedeschi Paintings

JC wrote at 2008-08-09 00:15:43
I have a Tedeschi, spelled correctly and with no first name, with the Merrill Chase tag on back and the same short biography. Mine is titled "Forest Scene", and an Identifier? of 83843KT on the tag and written on the canvas.  I'm still looking for info and will post if I find some JC

Drew Frostholm wrote at 2008-09-17 00:29:53
I also have a painting by Tedeschi certified by Merrill Chase as an original painting and is numbered as 0-167819 ACK.  It was purchased in 1977.  There is an old typewritten note on the back of the frame that says he is now a professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Milan. If you find out anything more about him I would like to see it posted.

Drew

Judi wrote at 2008-10-20 16:44:24
I too have an original Tedeschi oil painting (woodland scene very beautiful) from 1977 with the same tags and info on the back.  Curious to know if it is worth anything.

JD wrote at 2009-02-04 14:19:17
I have an original Tedeschi as well which I purchased last year from an antique shop in St. Louis.  It has the Merrill Chase gallery certificate also.  It is a lovely outdoor scene. I think I paid about $60.00 for it, but I fell in love with it and if its not worth much more than that, its okay.  I would like to know more about the artist.

Barbara wrote at 2009-02-23 19:23:54
I also have recently acquired a Tedeschi painting and it doesn't give an initial on the painting just the number 2404. I'm trying to research mine as well . Any info you get would be appreciated and I'll do the same.

Barbara

B J Barz wrote at 2009-07-31 16:45:52
I too have a painting by Stephen Tedeschi which states he claimed to be a descendant from a White Russian prince.Born in Paris in 1935 and has lived in England, Switzerland and Belgium. Married  to an English girl and living in Brussels.  The painting is a beautiful late fall scene by a stream.  It is signed by Tedeschi.  All info was typed on a card by Arts International Gallery of Discoveries in Scottsdale AZ. and taped to the back of the picture.  I purchased the picture at a thrift shop in AZ for $5.

A.D. in TN wrote at 2009-09-14 21:34:37
Like many of you, I have two appx 10" x 12" woodland scene by a creek (one oriented horizontally and one vertically) by Tedeschi with this typewritten on the back:  Tedeschi is a contemporary Italian, born in 1923 in Gallarate, Italy.  He received his formal training in Rome; currently teacher of art.  He has won many prizes, including the Baguta in Milan.  His favorite subject is woodland scenes of northern Italy.....Cert. of auth. by Merrill Chase.  Each are signed. Purchased for $20 in thrift store in TN.  I love them!

Macster wrote at 2009-09-23 02:14:41
I too purchased a Tedeschi painting from Merrill Chase.  The spelling is rightThye Title ofmine is simply "Landscape", along with the sheet about the artist.

J Hoffman wrote at 2010-01-15 22:41:11
I inherited a Stephen Tedeschi painting from my parents that was purchased in Seattle in the late 1970's for about $400.00.  It also has a tag that states he claimed to be a descendant from a White Russian prince. Born in Paris in 1935 and has lived in England, Switzerland and Belgium. Married to an English girl and living in Brussels. The painting is a beautiful misty woodland scene by a stream.  I would like to sell it, if anyone is interested.

quirk29 wrote at 2010-12-12 14:28:12
I have a Stephen Tedeschi painting picked up at a flea market in Orange, CT. It has a tag that says he's a descendant from a White Russian prince. Born in Paris in 1935 and has lived in England, Switzerland and Belgium. Married to an English girl and living in Brussels. The painting is also a misty woodland scene by a stream - 8x10 inches, vertical.  

njmorri wrote at 2011-01-03 21:19:43
I too have a Tedeschi born in 1923 from the Merrill Chase Galleries, purchased in 1977 for about $400. with certificate of authenticity. Nice landscape. Handed down to me 25 years ago. I would like to know more about it.

Luiz wrote at 2011-05-29 22:33:52
I also have a 6"x12" Tedeschi Painting, with a Merrill Chase tag, with the following information: Title: Woodlands; artist Tedeschi; is an original painting. I gotta it in Illinois. Does anyone know how much it is worth?

Kim wrote at 2011-12-08 15:17:27
I also have a Tedeschi painting titled "Landscape"(#36955 OT) and am wondering the value.  It states he was born 1923 in Gallarate, Italy.  he received his formal training in Rome.  He was a professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Milan.  His favorite subjects are woodland scenes of northern Italy. It also states these painting have brought him world wide fame.

Rita wrote at 2012-01-15 01:51:03
I also have a Tedeschi painting, a woodland scene with a stream..the spelling is correct and there is no initial..on the back it say's originally sold in 1973 and has what looks to be a lot # on the back..I toohave drawn a blank re: Tedeschi..good luck with your search..I purchased mine in Illinois in 2009, just wish I knew if I needed to insure it....

Paull48 wrote at 2013-05-26 17:44:50
It seems that Tedeschi paintings are widely available, with the same scene painted again and again. The biographic information on the artist seems to change, but the paintings remain the same. I have the Tedeschi as well with the same Merill Chase tag.

You can find widespread sale of this painting on e-bay.

I hope you enjoy the painting, as it only has intrinsic value, and the origin is suspect.  

Erin wrote at 2013-05-28 20:47:15
There are two different artists. G. Tedeschi who is from Italy, and Stephen Tedeschi who it seems is from Russia. I have never heard of Stephen Tedeschi but I do have one from G. Tedeschi, purchased in 1973 for $290.00. Unfortunately I do not know the value of the painting now but imagine it is not much more than the original price.  

jw wrote at 2013-07-21 13:44:01
Yes I have one too, bought at an estate sale in Long Grove IL.  No first name.  The label on mine is for the "Italian" Tedeschi.  Reads the same as others have mentions (trained in Rome, won the Baguta in Milan, etc.)  Here's where it gets interesting:  I saw another which sold on eBay recently (for about $50) that also has a typewritten label on back, eerily similar to mine except it's for the "Russian" Tedeschi - Stephen Tedeschi.  I'm no art expert but the style subject matter, seem to parallel the "Italian" painting I have.  Even the signatures look far too similar to be coincidental.

Dan Twyman