Fine Art/W H Trood "Puppy Class"

Cecelia wrote at 2008-08-21 06:31:37
Dan,  I have a print of "puppy class".  When I lived on the east coast, (Mountain Lakes, New Jersey), my mother hung the print on my brother's bedroom wall.  That was around 1963.  I assume it was something she acquired at the church bazaar, as many of the "artifacts" that I have been blessed/cursed with. The print was old then!  I have always admired the piece, and I am ready to re-frame and hang it in the bedroom that my grandsons frequent in my home in Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota. I am not an art appraiser, just a novice collector of local work, but "puppy class" is most likely a treasure that has little if any market value.   I was impressed as a young girl, trespassing on forbidden territory, (in my brother's bedroom), under the watch of protective eyes of the "Puppy Class".

Andrea wrote at 2015-06-28 20:28:31
The name of that painting or print is " The Dog Show". Not sure why but that is the title. It was done in 1894. I am sure that it is a print, but if it is hand signed it may be worth more. You would have to take it to someone and have it looked at to see. I hope that this will help.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.