Fine Art/information on inherited prints

Hospital Middlesex
Hospital Middlesex  
HI,  I inherited a lot of artwork from my grandparents estate and I am trying to sort through and find information, such as whether they are originals or prints and possible values, on all the pieces.  I am working through a collection of prints by Thomas Rowlandson and Augustus Charles Pugin at the moment.  I am inclined to believe they are prints as they appear to be glued to the matting, I can see some of the edges beginning to lift; and the titles and dates are written in pencil bellow the right corner on the matting.   But as they are lithographs and I know fairly little about that medium I was hoping for a second more expert opinion.  I am sending a picture of the print titled Hospital Middlesex, London 1809.  The others are in the exact same condition, the titles include The College of Physicians, London 1810; Surrey Institution, London 1809; St Lukes Hospital, London 1809; Chelsea Hospital, London 1810; Greenwich Hospital the Painted Hall, London 1810.  I would appreciate any information you could give me about these pieces.
Thank you,
Allyssa Phillips

Glued to the mat...That does not sound good. Hopfully there is no damage. Because the artist became well known some time ago, there have been prints available for some time. Old decorative prints are collectable, but do not reach high values unless the artist hand signed it and or hand worked on the print.

There are a few companies that speacialize in similar antique prints, but once again, they are affordable works.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.