Fine Art/very old print

Question
the bridge
the bridge  
Hello! I am trying to find any information on a print that was purchased from the cincinnati museum assc. a very long time ago. I will send a photo of the print. It only has a title on it-The bridge-no artist signature. It also has printed on back-printed by h.h. wessel. If you can give me any information on this -please let me know. I am not looking for any value of it-just would like to know who the artist is.Thank you so much for your time-hope to hear from you-Dawn

Answer
Greetings Dawn,

H. H. Wessel is short for Herman Henry Wessel, born in 1878 and died in 1969.  Herman married Bessie Hoover, both studied under Frank Duveneck and others at the Cincinnati Art Academy.  Herman Wessel was notable as an etcher and art instructor.

Regretfully, I know nothing more about him; but hope this gives you a good starting point for further research.

Best wishes, sincerely,
Jay Heuman

Jay Heuman