Fine Art/Dali lithographs

I purchased a suite of 5 Dali lithographs from Center Art Gallery in Hawaii in 1984.  One "Lincoln in Dalivision - Deluxe Edition", one "Christ of St John of the Cross" - museum dedicated lithograph, one "Arithmosophic Cross" and two copies of "Corpus Hypercubicus".  I am led to believe each of these is fake, although I have not specifically asked about the "Christ of St John of the Cross" lithograph.  I have had two of these hanging in my home and have enjoyed them, but the other three are still unframed in the portfolio case.  My question is am I doing anything illegal by owning them?  At this late date is there any legal remedy for me?  And if I wanted to dispose of any of these pieces, is it legal to do so if I don't represent them as authentic?  What if any value would they have?  I appreciate you assistance.  If you need further information or digital images, I can send them.  Thanks!

Yes you have FAKE Dali. Of course I am not there to examine the "Lincoln in Dalivision" but the other titles are listed as un-authorized works. There is nothing illegal about owning them. If you sell them and try to pass them off as authentic, you might end up in court. As for value, decorative art does not reach high dollar levels. Sorry you had to go through this, it spoils it for some collectors, most of Dali's works are authentic, but of course as with most Masters, there are always a few that will spoil things by trying to make a buck off of the talent of others. If you ever decide to go after known authentic works, let me know.

888-888-DALI  Ext. 204

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.