Fine Art/E May Wentworth Painting

Question
I have an older painting (subject--bunch of carnations on aqua teal background setting) and I am trying to identify who the artist is and estimate on age of painting.  Signature on lower left could be E May Wentworth or Ellen Wentworth.  There are signs of age to the painting with hairline cracks but nothing significant. I bought this painting at auction in Pleasant Valley, NY. Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Answer
Dear Angela,

I found a 19th century artist by the name of Ellen Wentworth in the auction listings. There is only one item, a drawing, but if you send me your email address I will forward the information and photo of the artwork. It states the drawing as In Memory of Robert Wentworth and circa 1825. You can compare the style in the photograph to the painting you have and see if they look as if they were done by the same artist. You can email me at dolly12@aol.com.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley