Fine Art/F.C. Yohn

Good Morning: I recently acquired this item at a house clean out. I am almost 99% sure that this is a water color, with some pencil marks on some of the out lines. the title on the back written in long hand states "NO VI PHILIPPINES SERIES  THE ART AUTHENTIC GIVEN? GOING INTO ACTIVE??( UP THE RAILROAD TO MALALAS) The frame is original and the back has not been disturbed and water color has never been removed from the frame. On the front under his signature in black water color is F C YOHN ALL CAPS EXCEPT THE c which looks like an e. on the lower right it states " TO DR. AND MRS SHAMBAUGH WITH EVER GOOD WISH. Would like to know approximate value and where would  be the best place to sell something like this. I thank you in advance for all of your time and information. Sincerely Richard

Frederick Coffay Yohn  (1875 - 1933)

To answer your question about values would take a few hours of work.
If anyone blurts out an answer without doing research, it is of no use to you.

I suggest finding an art gallery that sells the genre or artists works and have them broker it for you to clients that already collect this type of thing.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.