Fine Art/G H Durrie

We have a framed print Winter in the Country, A Cold Morning, by G H Durrie which belonged to my husbands grandmother.  My mom thought it should be appraised.  
printed at the bottom "entered according to the act of congress 1864 by the clerks office of the district court of the United States for the southern dist. of N.Y. Should I check into this further?

Dear Marlene,

Winter in the Country, A Cold Morning was published by Currier & Ives in 1864. The size of the image area should be very close to 23 x 30 inches in size to be original. If it is this size, you will want to take it to a local expert; antique store that carries fine art; to see if it is an original hand colored lithograph. Even if it meets the above criteria it could still be a copy and will ultimately need verification by an expert. The most recent average auction price for an original is in the $8000-10,000 range depending on condition.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.