Fine Art/G H Durrie

Question
We have a framed print Winter in the Country, A Cold Morning, by G H Durrie which belonged to my husbands grandmother.  My mom thought it should be appraised.  
printed at the bottom "entered according to the act of congress 1864 by the clerks office of the district court of the United States for the southern dist. of N.Y. Should I check into this further?

Answer
Dear Marlene,

Winter in the Country, A Cold Morning was published by Currier & Ives in 1864. The size of the image area should be very close to 23 x 30 inches in size to be original. If it is this size, you will want to take it to a local expert; antique store that carries fine art; to see if it is an original hand colored lithograph. Even if it meets the above criteria it could still be a copy and will ultimately need verification by an expert. The most recent average auction price for an original is in the $8000-10,000 range depending on condition.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley