Fine Art/Gil Teixeira Lopes

I have an oil painting from this artist.  It is of an abstract seated woman in vivid green, yellow, blue and red colors.  It is 42inches by 36inches.  The interesting thing about this painting is that it was painted in 1963 when the artist was 27 years old and I know his works are in a mueseum in Portugal.  Can you help me in determining the range of value of this painting?

Thank you.

Hi Neil,

I found two examples of his work at auction in the past two years. Both paintings were sold at auction in Portugal for the prices of
$7,646 and $5,276.

There are numerous factors that go in to determining current market value on art so your painting could have a higher or lower estimate and would need to be evaluated on its own merits.

The two listed above were dated 1963 and 1965 respectively. They were both abstract without a title.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.