Fine Art/Huldah

I recently received a Huldah picture from an eldery relative and am trying to find out if it is orginal or a print.  And if it is a print what app. year would it be from.  It is a picture of a lady with a white dog and blue and white hat box.  It is signed in the bottom left hand corner and on the back it has 11109W hand written in pencil as well as a sticker from AM&A's that has 690 A written on it.  I can email pictures if need be thanks for any help you can provide.

The number of decorative prints by this artist seem to be endless, I get the same question over and over again. Most cases turn out to be low end decorative art. The only way to be sure is to have an expert examine it. Images via email can sometimes do the job, depends on what markings are on the piece.

If you know of a framer or art dealer in your area, have them examine it and ask what their opinion is. When you call, they might say they do not look at other artists works, but it can't hurt to try.

When you examine the work, look at the texture, signature, back of the canvase or paper, look for any stamps printed by a publisher. Look for tiny print with a copywrite mark on the edge of the print etc. If you have a jewlers loup/loop you can examine the print close up and you might be able to see pixel type dots or you might determine that it is in fact a painting.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.