Fine Art/Peter Hayword Oil Painting

Question
I recently inherited an oil painting, "City Rain" by Peter Hayword.  It is signed on the bottom left in pink.  How do I know this is an original painting of his and if it is how can I find out the value.  Thanking you in advance.

Answer
Are you sure about your spelling? There is an accomplished artist named Peter Hayward, with an a?  Anyway, the artist has recent auction results etc. Look at the work with a loup or magnifying glass to determine if it is printed or painted. Also, if it is a print, there should be a copyrite somewhere on the material. Do not take it out of the frame as it might damage the work. A framer should do that. A value can be established by an art appraiser or an art consultant like myself, but that takes research and time.

Dan

Dan Twyman