Fine Art/Renoir Dry point etching

I bought an etching this week and it looked like renoir so I took it home and opened it up out of the frame and in pencil it say's renoir etching "la Terrace" Below where the matting was covering it. when looking at it with my 10 X loop it seems to be a dry point etching How ever it seems to have little indentations but when I looked closeer they are little cuts and it seems to be hand colored in some area's although it is all one color.It also has a water mark on the back with some writing like a story or somthing but I can not read it.I can send you pictures and you can see everything very was surpising to me I could photograph the water mark so good. I want to know if you think this is authentic and what ever else you can tell me about how it was made and if it is worth getting an appraisel for.Thank You     Brian

Hello Brian,

I will try to help, but sometimes not having the print in hand makes it difficult or impossible to identify. You can email the photos to Please include your original question in the body of the email and use the same subject.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.