Fine Art/Robert Addison

We live in the Chicago area and would like to sell our Robert Addison
collection, could you tell me how to go about doing this, or finding a place to
put it on consignment.

Dear Joan,

Most retail galleries do not accept consignments because the profit margin is much lower than the art they represent and wall space is valuable. However, there may be a gallery in the Chicago area that will take them and the only way to find out is to start calling.

Another option is to take the entire collection to an auction house. I checked prior auctions for Addison and Susanin's Auction house,, in Chicago has sold the majority of his printed work. Not many of his paintings have shown up at auction, but one was successfully sold by Leslie Hindman Inc. in Chicago;

There are online secondary art market websites that you can post on, such as These websites charge varying commissions. Lastly, you can try to sell them on your own on eBay.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.