Fine Art/art print

Question
My Grandmother had a print by Luis Escobedo titled Mountain Path and Momument Rock issued by United States Commemorative Fine Art Gallery CertificaTE #00174, signed in left corner.  Any value in today's market?  We believe in must have come from 1920 era.

Answer
Dear Lynda,

According to their website www.uscommgallery.com:

United States Commemorative Gallery
The United States Commemorative Gallery, established in 1989, began by offering bicentennial commemorative collectables, then expanded to include original artworks, art reproductions, sculptures and other home and office decorations. These exceptional works, featuring wonderful craftsmanship and painstaking attention to detail, were once available only in retail galleries and through direct mail promotions.

This makes your print late 20th century. Luis Escobedo is a contemporary artist who sells his original paintings in numerous galleries. I found his website and though he has a few prints; there were no prices.

I was able to find a post online that had a gallery estimating the prints produced by the USCG to have a value under $100. If you wish to pursue further, I suggest you contact the USCG via their website and ask them how many they printed and the release price of your Escobedo prints.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley