Fine Art/artwork

Adler print
Adler print  
I have two pieces of art, one was left to us by a dear friend who passed away (80 yrs of age). He was from Sweden or Germany. The back of the print says "of value" and it says it was brought over by grandpa Adler, (family name)from Wipkingen ZH...the picture is of a town it seems pencil drawing and it has mountains in the background.
On the bottom of the drawing are the words (I think this is how it is spelled) Ibonniel, bei Rlosters or it could be Klosters on the other side of the drawing reads original radierning v.16 Bisig.
We also picked up a print it is a water colour and it is of the Amiens Cathedral, signed E Sharland. should we have these appraised and insured?
Thank you

Hello Jeanni,  Both are reproductions, prints, of some type.  Not sure who created the one you included the image of but the other, Rheims Cathedral, is by Edward Sharland, see one of my previous answers for complete details .  I suggest you ask your insurance broker if they want them to be appraised and then insured.  Cheers, Brent  

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.