Fine Art/currier & ives across the continent is this original

Question
i have a print which is in the medium folio size not the large. it is across the continent, westward the course of empire takes its way. on the left it has j. m.tc6sv ives del. the other side has drawn by f.f. palmer it also has the act of congress note with the date being 1868 and it has new york published by currier & ives 125 nassau street. i have been to the internet sites and studied. i have even looked at it with a strong loupe and it looks the way it supposed to, for it to be considered real. it is hand colored and there is no indication it is done by someone else. i spoke to an expert in philadelphia that stated it would not shock him if it were real any comments please.

Answer
Currier & Ives Americana prints are sold and traded on a regular basis, but I do not see high prices. An antique etching printed by Currier or Currier & Ives, is a collectable in a way that differs from an antique Renoir print as an example. While I am able to broker, Dali, Picasso, Chagall, Warhol etc. I do not see a demand for the Currier & Ives works. The audience is different from the one I work with. You can have it appraised and authenticated, but many times the cost to have the work done, is similar to the selling price of the print. You might have something that has high value to the right collector, but the work would have to be examined to be sure.

Dan

Dan Twyman