Fine Art/Julian Rhinehardt

delo wrote at 2009-01-29 00:51:26
My parents bought a similar painting by him in Hawaii at about the same time. 20x24 est. It was from a company called Paintings of the World (or Pictures of the World). There is a tag on the back that says the painting value was $165. at that time. With the frame, it was $500. Is this helpful and who is this guy? I can find nothing. He has a style like Bob Ross in that he uses sponge work and mine is pretty much all 'blue'. Very 70's.

Bob Hoz wrote at 2009-04-21 05:04:07
A note on the back of my Julian Rhinehardt says:

The artist was born 1904 in Saltzburg, Austria. After absorbing the elementary schools he moved to Germany and continued his studies at the Munich School of Fine Arts where he was the most highly accredited student of the renowned Prof. H. Klaiberg. Since Rhinehardt felt he could improve his style only by traveling and gaining new impressions he accepted for some time a job with a travel agency which enabled him to travel frequently all over Europe. He made numerous studying trips in the Alpine countries as well as in France and Greece, but his favorite landscapes are still the Bovarian moors. The mistful softness yet bold qualities which come to light in the works of this highly educated and talented artist are effects which most artists attempt to grasp but which few are ever able to master.

My 70's Art wrote at 2012-01-08 17:47:41
i have a similar painting passed to me from my father - large oil showing woodland pond with snow  - - signed by JULIAN RHINEHARDT (not REINHART).  i think it came from one of the "art expos" in the early 70's where artists would sell many paintings at reduced prices at a convention center.  I like the painting, reminds me of a dark, cool, wizardy type woodland and will appreciate the picture, although it is likely not worth much in today's art markets!  

Juju wrote at 2013-10-26 05:18:10
BOB HOZ...I researched this artist and my signed painting, I came up with the exact same info. and believe it to be correct. Found a painting similar to mine without the pond by the same artist and it was titled "Moonscape". if my memory serves me right. My 70's Art response is not accurate as it sounds as though she has the same painting as I do. The information I found included what you posted and much more. His use of color is said to be quit unique. Would love to find out the value of it and the frame, which is also beautiful, but there doesn't seem to be many of these floating around or any knowledge of their value.???  

Mort Murphy wrote at 2014-09-01 12:11:49
I purchased a painting signed by Julian Rhinehardt at an art gallery located in the lobby of a New York City hotel in 1970.  The work is approximately 48" X 24".  I was told it was entitled "Vienna Woods".  I am not particularly interested in the value as I have no intention of selling it.  I would, however, like to find valid information on the work and the artist.

Dee wrote at 2014-11-03 12:31:50
I own a Rhinehardt titled "Winter in the Vienna Woods." Would be interesting to see the variations in both paintings.

Mary wrote at 2015-07-22 22:34:53
In 1965 my father bought a painting by Julian Rhinehardt titled 'Midnight In the Vienna Woods' which he loved for many reasons.  His mother's family was from Austria, like Rhinehardt. The predominant/various shades of blue in the woodsy and wintry scene were soothing. In the evenings he would gaze at it--finding it a calming and restorative scene.  I believe he purchased it from a Chicago art gallery, located on Michigan Avenue, for $500. It was one of his prize possessions!  My personal belief is Mr. Rhinehardt painted variations of this scene on many occasions. This painting has a very ornate gold frame.  My sister saw a photo years ago of an painting archived on E-bay which was almost identical in subject matter/framing which was being offered by a man in Michigan.  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.